Tuesday, May 5, 2015

PADS Homeless Shelter



For my change the world project, I focused on homelessness. From this project, I realized something that I never have really noticed before. There are so many people who are homeless that need help. PADS Homeless Shelter is an organization in Deerfield that can help these people in our area. PADS provides food and a shelter for overnight to homeless people in Deerfield. Arielle, Brianna, Madison, Mrs. Lewis, my mom, and I went to volunteer at PADS on April 26th. We set up the pads, blankets, pillows, and sheets for the homeless people to sleep on. We also set the tables with silverware and napkins for the homeless people to enjoy their food. From this experience, we all learned to be more grateful for all that we have. The people who come to PADS are so thankful for all that PADS provides them with. It also isn't just adults. There are also a large population of homeless children that come to PADS with their parents. There are also an equal amount of women and men that come to PADS in hope to get food and a good night sleep. Volunteering at the PADS Homeless Shelter was such an amazing experience and I plan on going back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great project and idea! How did you find out about PADS, and why did you choose homelessness to focus on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project and idea! How did you find out about PADS, and why did you choose homelessness to focus on?

    ReplyDelete