Monday, May 11, 2015

Helping the Homeless





For my change the world project, I volunteered at PADS Lake County. This organization provides food and shelter for people who are homeless in near by areas. There are men, women, and children who come to PADS because they don't have a home. What I did was helped serve food to the people and set up mattresses for them to sleep on. I also set the tables and put out blankets and pillow cases for them to enjoy. This experience made me realize many things. One bring how lucky I am to have a home and food. Also that it is such a good thing to help those who need it and the littlest things can make a huge impact in their life. I went to PADS with Ellie, Brianna, and Madison on April 26th and a couple of other times in the last month. It was a great experience and I plan on doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment