Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Getting to Know the (Homeless) Teens of Chicago
My friends Hannah, Abby, Abby and I went to help homeless teens at Stand Up For Kids Chicago. We were all a little nervous going in because we did not know how to relate to them. As the night went went on, we realized they are not so different from us. We helped by serving food, cleaning up and talking to the teens. We also played trivia with them and if they won they got a lottery ticket. It was so amazing to see their faces light up even if they had only won a couple of dollars. They all had great stories to tell. I learned that you cannot judge these people for being homeless. They all have different personalities and they are all different people. I am looking forward to volunteering again because it was a life-changing experience that I felt good about doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was so fun! I cannot wait to go back again :))))
ReplyDelete